Forbes Magazine based their findings on the following criteria:
- Ratio of Small businesses to total number of businesses.
- Percentage of small businesses that accept credit cards and assumes these companies have greater ability to keep up with technology advances and have a generally higher revenues.
- Percentage of small businesses in high growth industries weighted toward Computer Software and Service Industries.
- Percentage of small businesses with Facebook pages and websites because more tech-savvy companies are statistically more likely to grow faster.
- Percentage of businesses with online reviews which indicates a greater local acceptance.
For more details, please view Forbes Magazine Article online here: