Engineered Solutions Opportunity: Silhouette Series
A national client was seeking specific functionality for a high-bay fixture. They needed varying degrees of beam angles, motion sensors, 0-10v dimming and glass lenses.
They mentioned that they had been searching for these functions in a high bay but could not find a solution. They had talked to multiple clients and then came to us due to our reputation for innovativeness and our ability to solve unique lighting challenges for them and others in the industry
We showed them the concept of our new Silhouette II High-Bay while it was in the design / engineering phase. After showing the concept, we discussed the ability to add the features they were looking for and deliver a working product in only three weeks.
The standard features of the Silhouette II High-Bay include:
- High Efficiency Integrated Mean Well Driver
- HI-LUMEN EMC 3030 chipset / 50,000+ hour lifespan
- IP65 Wet Location Rated
- INPUT POWER (W): 100W / 150W / 200W
- LUMENS: 15,000 / 22,000 / 30,000
- COLOR TEMPERATURE: 5000K
These fixtures replace existing 300 watt – 500 watt High Bays.
For them, we:
- took our prototype, had custom glass inserts made, created three different beam angles and added PC or Aluminum lenses where needed.
- modified the casting to accommodate for the motion sensing.
- changed the driver to accommodate the 0-10v dimming.
And added one last touch, we produced the lens rings in their color, and had their name etched in.
Total time from concept to completion was three weeks.